Thursday, August 31, 2006

Labor Day weekend is a busy time for Cleveland!

So much going on for this weekend. Let's see...

Well, as usual, there is the National Air Show at the controversial Burke Lakefront Airport. Controversial because there are a lot of people who think that putting some expensive condo's separated from the city by a 4 to 8 lane freeway will somehow convince people to move here. I mention this because I find it ridiculous that we don't invest the money along the RIVER instead. You know? The RIVER that CLEVELAND is KNOWN for? *sigh*

Saturday between 9am and 3pm there is a FREE self guided tour of the lower level of the Veteran's Memorial Bridge (Detroit-Superior Bridge) hosted by our good buddies at the Cuyahoga County Engineer's Office. This will be the third time that I have gone on it and it just makes you wonder how much sense it would make for Cleveland to invest in more rail transportation. I just took a new job that allows me to take the train to work and I have to say I am loving it. Driving back and forth through town made me feel like a sucker!

Sunday is that last day for the Jane Goodall exhibit at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. Perhaps this explains the recent radio shows on NPR regarding moral behavior and if it is learned or instead inherited from our primitive roots. My girlfriend really got in me interested in behavioral science when she took me to Ellensburg, WA to visit with Washoe.

There are, of course, more going-ons such as concerts and shows and good times for everyone but you probably already know about all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment