Monday, September 04, 2006

Steve Irwin we hardly knew ye.

Steve Irwin, that wacky guy who forever became my hero when he opened the mouth of a real live crocidile and exclaimed, "Look at those teeth, ain't she a beaut?!", the man who has been bit by countless poisoness creatures, who would bring all sorts of animals on late night television shows to poop all over the sets was killed today in a freak stingray attack.

I cannot make this stuff up.

I don't know what to think except to wonder how in the name of all things holy did he get done in by stingrays? Heck, the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo has an exhibit Touchwhere you can pet rays and sharks in a shallow pool and they allow kids to reach in and TOUCH and PET and FEEL real live stingrays and sharks and did I mention STINGRAYS?! I don't suppose that the zoo's stingrays are the extremely poisonous ones but still. Steve Irwin. Dang.

The Washington Post calls such deaths veryrare

No comments:

Post a Comment