Sunday, November 05, 2006

Perusing, perusing, always perusing.

I feel sort of bad about becoming one of those places that just regurgitates little tidbits instead of taking the time and effort to really come forth with some grandiose opinions. I promise to try more.

While checking the interwebbernet for backstory to the Chinatown post I stumbled across a wonderful little Cleveland resource, a website devoted to Lost Cleveland Postcards. Besides offering wonderful past imagery of our favorite little burg, they are also available as "e-cards" and some of the postcards have backstory themselves, offering little tastes of a cityscape long gone.

Sometimes during conversation with Bradley over at Design Rag one of us will find some sort of Cleveland imagery or little bit of regalia and sort of wonder at how simple yet exquisite the old ideas were. I think we are both sort of are lost in the grandeur that downtown once had and conversations are long and sinuous regarding how to bring our fair town back from the precipice.

I know that there are many such resources for archived imagery of Cleveland's past including (and not at all limited to)

Cleveland Digital Library
Cleveland Skyscrapers (I already brought that up)
and of course Cleveland State University's archive which is somewhere on their site, I can't find it just now.

There are more. If you have any suggestions send them right along. I would love to know about them and create a nice succint list for other people to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment