Friday, March 09, 2007

Ohio loves trees something fierce!

Well, this made me smile. Mostly because I wonder if states that have forestry management plans and actually plant tress to replace what has been logged can count those newly planted trees and if so then that means that Ohio worked like crazy to earn the title of top tree planting state!

For the 26th year (in a row?) Ohio has more Tree Cities then any other state. I admit for a while there (up until today) I thought that being a tree city meant nothing more then you had some older trees still alive in your city. I guess I was way of base.

We also had the first eagle born in 2007 (officially somehow).

Awesome. I guess there are more treehuggers in this state then I expected.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I didn't know that. I'm from that state originally, but I was little at that time and a few trees looked like a lot to me back then. haha

    ReplyDelete