Sunday, September 23, 2007

One World Day - 2007

One World Day
Sunday, September 30,2007

I am sure that as a child my parents took me to 'One World Day' in the Cultural Gardens (also knows as Doan Brooke Park or Rockefeller Park) when I was growing up in Cleveland Heights, which is an annual celebration of the wonderful 23(and then some) multiple ethnic gardens along Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard built and cared for by the multiple ethnic organizations in the city. For some reason though I haven't been to one in recent years. Even when I worked in Cleveland Heights and went out of my way to drive down MLK (I love those gardens) I could never time it right to discover when One World Day was.

I spent a lot of time Googling it but have yet to come up with any regular information. This year's event however (which is currently in the future and lends itself to the possibility of being attended by me now that I have ascertained a specific date) will be hosted by the Jewish Community Federation.

There will be entertainment, food, children's activities and a naturalization ceremony as well as a wonderful excuse to peruse the cultural gardens themselves, one of Cleveland's 'hidden gems'.

More Resources:
Cleveland Cultural Gardens history and map
2007.09 Cleveland Cultural Gardens Federation Newsletter
Walk and Roll Cleveland
Doan Brook Watershed Partnership

No comments:

Post a Comment