Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Marcel Breuer: Design and Architecture Exhibit

If you happen to be in Washington DC between November 3rd and February 17th you may want to stop in at the
National Building Museum and check out the Marcel Breuer exhibit.

I found the timing of this show interesting, especially as I received the notice around the same time that I was sent the Plain Dealer article stating that the County Commissioners may not demolish the Tower after all. In what one could call an 'interesting' turn of events, it seems that the County didn't fulfill their due diligence in planning their new administrative complex. Whether the fault could be blamed on poor planning, lack of planning, total absence of foresight or some other descriptive term that basically calls the project incompetent, it is becoming more and more apparent that the premise for the project was severely flawed. The question that remains is how much the taxpayers are going to pay for this mistake. I am guessing the whole thing won't be cheap.

I am sure someone out there is doing some interesting investigative reporting on where the money came from and where the money went. I know I would be interested to see a breakdown.

Hopefully something that fills in the gaps on where the majority of the money went and to whom. I thought this was a fine start.

No comments:

Post a Comment