Friday, November 23, 2007

Greener gifts for the holiday season thanks to Treehugger.com

Happy Black Friday United States! (I think the rest of the world celebrates tomorrow as the biggest shopping day of the year).

Granted I am against copious consumer consumption as much as I can be however with the holidays gearing up and gift giving being a way to express one's feelings and respect for another I figure I may as well pass along the 2007 Treehugger's Gift Giving Guide - Now in various shades of green! Using the site one can navigate by preferences for who will be receiving the gifts as well as gift types. I find one of the most useful parts a list of holiday tips for reducing consumption and alternative for dealing with non efficient materials (virgin gift wrapping paper). There is also a nice list of foundations one can contribute to in someones name.

All in all a fine idea for those looking to reduce their impact or make a statement with their gift giving this holiday season.

Happy holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment