Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Breuer Tower...what can I say. We were smiled upon. Or at least we got a wink and a nod.

There really isn't all that much that I can add to the seemingly incessant coverage of the former Ameritrust Building being being purchased by K&D for $35,005,000.00 today (is the new sales tax part of that?).
K&D is a development group based out of Willoughby, Ohio who does quite a bit of residential development including the, at times, regrettable Stonebridge Condos.

However, one cannot overlook K&D's optimistic outlook for the city. I for one am entirely in favor of the former Marcel Breuer masterpiece being converted into a residential tower (in part) and would actually investigate a cost analysis upon whether it would be at all beneficial to call the tower a domicile. It would be closer to work cutting my commute to mere minutes, I wouldn't have to ever drive into the city at rush hour (unless coming home from someplace else), I could threaten people with my inferred tough demeanor gained by actually living downtown and I could research and document all the amazing places downtown that I ignore on my journey to and from home to work. Heck,I may even purchase enough junk by my own person to necessitate the increase in county jobs by at least one person.

Regardless of how much the building is worth, how much was spent on it and the effort it took us to get here (thanks again to Susan Miller and crew) I would like sigh a brief sigh of relief that I won't have to witness much more ham handed demolition done in the name of some special person who gives all bearded people a negative persona. I am sure his family is very nice, and although I don't like the tie in the picture on his website I am sure he has plenty of nice ones at home that he saves for special occasions.

It has been a big day. I am going to bed.

Check out the ClevelandDesignCity for more such amazing and well crafted/spell checked articles.

Also, what will come of all this? Oh man, are we in for a DOOZY!

1 comment:

  1. I think the extra 5k is for Dimora's hot dog quota for the year.

    ReplyDelete