Tuesday, March 04, 2008

GO VOTE!



Well, I braved the wet and cold to go visit a church and cast a vote in the fellowship hall/basement. Someone at the polling location was commenting on how the paper ballots were a step backwards. I find it interesting how people have been trained to associate shiny, electronic and new with progress. I would ascribe 'progress' as the simplest, most reliable and most efficient solution to a particular problem regardless of technological prowess. Perhaps that is why I am grumpy all the time.

The only thing that appeared on the ballot that made me question the choices being proffered was the re-election of Tim Hagan as a County Commissioner. I don't necessarily think anything particularly unpleasant about the fellow, I just think that he embodies quite a bit of what is wrong with the city and why progress in the region is slow to dismal.

At some point I wonder if the entire back-room napkin contract business model will turn the city into the futuristic version of Marty McFly's hometown (Bifftown). I would argue that I think that would be a bad thing. Regardless it was amazing to find Hagan's name on the ballot let alone unopposed. Either no one knew that his term was up for renegotiation or we are all just too tired anymore to hope for change.

Oh well, go out and vote. You don't have anything better to do.

resources:
Cuyahoga County 2008 Ballot Issues

No comments:

Post a Comment