Monday, March 10, 2008

TOIstudio, on the road

For those of you wondering where the heck I have been lately, I was quite occupied with work for a while there and didn't really have much time to explore any opinion or thoughts on much except for being tired and hungry.

Currently though I have started fulfilling my wanderlust and am sitting in a rather nice apartment of some other TOIstudio-ers who have made the move to NYC in an effort to see what all the hubbub has been about.

Thoughts and impressions are varied. I actually really like the city because there is really so many interesting things to see and do, however at times the cacophony can be quite overwhelming, especially to such a small town boy as myself.

I haven't really done any things that one could consider 'touristy' except for Cai Guo-Qiang exhibit at the Guggenheim.

The major reason for my journey to NYC is Suzi's MFA exhibition at Pratt which I am excited to see the end result of the installation and will hopefully have some good pictures of the exhibition up soon (with Suzi's permission of course).

Regardless for those of you curious as to where I have been, that is where. Next week I plan on heading up to Toronto with the MarJ (who did not make the NYC trip and whom I admit I miss quite a lot) for some exploration of their waterfront. Hopefully I will have some coherent thoughts and impressions in a little while as I get to take the time to type something up. In the meantime I hope everyone is enjoying this little respite from my angst and taking some time themselves to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment