Saturday, December 27, 2008

The feast and the famine part II - Fairfax International Generation Winners Announced

Also in the news (as of 2 weeks ago, I apologize but I have a hard time reading the PD's architecture column much anymore) the Cleveland Neighborhood of Fairfax recently announced their winner for the Fairfax Intergenerational Housing Competition with the prospect of actually building the dang thing.

What started off as a local/regional competition grew to include a national scope of entrants excited to tackle the challenge of responsible intergenerational (which indicates that grandparents are involved in the child rearing instead of the typical generational differences between parents and children? Fine, I don't need a semantic argument right now) and may be the first residential competition in the nation to specifically focus on a family dynamic where grandparents are primarily involved with child raising.

I don't know if there was a reception with food and wine. There may have been. I find those things integral to these sorts of receptions, I just know I wasn't invited to it and feel slightly snubbed. I am sure that the responsible parties will hear about this. Probably from me.

Regardless, in one month (or two weeks if you want) two major competitions were finalized in Cleveland, Ohio which is exciting to those of us in Cleveland, Ohio who want to be excited about, well, design in Cleveland, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment