Thursday, April 09, 2009

any press isn't always good press - cia addition makes list of dubious honors



I had this article pointed out to me a couple of days ago. I was trying to find the article online but couldn't so I apologize for the crummy scan (which you can click to enlarge to readable size).

Not to be outed about it but I actually liked MVRDV's "bump and kiss" proposal and found it to be a much more interesting addition to a cultural institution than the proposed Burt Hill addition which is rather disappointing (especially when compared to OSU's newer Knowlton Hall design studio's building which embodies what a studio workspace could be if it were designed for working or designing in).

Article thanks to ID Magazine who I hope won't ask me to pull the scanned page right away so that Cleveland can enjoy being architecturally infamous, again.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to note that William Bostwick wrote the article, who I believe is local architect Robert Bostwick's son and a (now) NYC based architecture critic. Probably why/how it made the list. Not that its not deserving.

    ReplyDelete