Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Burning River Fest this Saturday (the 15th of August)


Burning River Fest
Saturday, August 15th, 2009
Old Coast Guard Station (on Whiskey Island!)
4-11pm

Its this simple.

Every year we celebrate how amazing the grassroots effort to "green" Cleveland is (and we don't mean "green" in the typical throw up some solar panels and proclaim how amazingly progressive we are as I mean that a bunch of people get together to celebrate and share what a sustainable, low impact type lifestyle we can really achieve). There is local food, music, people sharing ideas and information, groups looking for volunteers and contractors looking to help you, etc.

This year we are having the honor of being able to wander around the old Coast Guard Station on Whiskey Island, an amazingly beautiful Modern/Art Deco building that has been undergoing some limited renovation in preparation of a new use (and the jetty of land on which it resides).

I don't really look forward to all that much, I like to keep my expectations low so that I can be pleasantly surprised, but I admit I am really looking forward to this.

See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment