Saturday, September 17, 2011

Benefit for Intermusuem Conservation Association - 9.18

Sunday, September 18, 2011 the Cleveland Intermuseum Conservation Association will be having a benefit of which Robert Maschke will be opening his two modernist white homes you see from the Shoreway to the public.  The benefit will include a tour of art in both homes, refreshments and snackz!

Cool Cleveland has posted a video interview explaining more.

I made a comment on the CoolCleveland page regarding this and was going to smash out something more succinct or interesting but I have a cold and its my birthday and I'm going back to bed, so instead I am just going to copy and paste my comment as my intention has in no way changed.

"Love ‘em or hate them, you can’t miss them. It is great that Maschke is offering to share them with the public this way (via the ICA). What a fantastic opportunity to take a closer look at style of home most do not have the fortune to visit. This is an example of great community involvement/education/exposure (from an architectural point of view), and not a bad marketing strategy to boot!"

Yes, I just quoted myself, the epitome of lazy and self referential right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment