Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cleveland Artist Spotlight


Super nice write up about my artistic endeavors, if such actions could be called such things, via Creative Compass (supported by the Community Patnership for Arts and Culture). I would like to thank them (Creative Workforce) a ton more and I don't properly know how to do so. The work they do has really been extremely helpful to myself. For once in my life I feel more in control and more in step with what I want to accomplish as an architect, as a researcher and as a designer than I ever did working in any of the firms I had spent time in previously (not that they were bad places, but I rarely got the opportunity to spend efforts on worthwhile endeavors).

Believe it or not, I truly understand how lucky I am to be able to spend my time doing things that I find worthy of expending my time upon and how fantastically lucky I am to be given these opportunities, working with the people I am working with, doing/making the things I am doing/making and being a part of a city that I truly love. It is all hearts and stars from here on out (to some extent).

I wish I could tell folks it was all hard work or what not, but really, it was the determination and vision of people with more tenacity than myself who make the opportunity for me doing what I want/need to to do possible. I want to thank the folks at Cuyahoga Arts & Culture for this chance to do something so much bigger than myself, whether working with people who couldn't really afford an architect/builder or just giving me a chance to donate my time and vision to a community, I thank you.

And so begins the first year with TOIstudio as a "for profit" organization. With my first client being a property owner that needs an architect who is willing to help tear off a roof, in a community that needs a bit of help forming an identity in a city that wants to come back swingin'. Nothing would make me happier than being an underdog in a leaky/cold studio to someone who makes it actually work. It has been a long time since purpose has truly fired this heart up, I can't wait to tackle the next obstacle that wants to bring me down.

Picking up a new mallet on the morrow. A bigger hammer usually gets the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment