Friday, February 02, 2007

Interesting Washington Post article.

And by interesting, I think I may mean severely flawed. I wish I felt well enough (I think I have a bug) to list all the problems that I have with this article (5 Myths About Suburbia and Our Car-Happy Culture).

I don't know if I take offense (or at least find questionable) the inference that public transportation is only for the poor and the handicapped, or the rehash of the infamous "statistic" that "If the nation were divided into four-person households and each household had an acre, everyone would fit in an area half the size of Texas." and that somehow that is the only way to account for how much automobile infrastructure is created (not accounting that if everyone did actually live in an area half the size of Texas there would be hell of a lot less roads).

Today has been a day of weird articles though. I might bring up a couple more. I might not. I'm a busy guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment