Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ah spring, the time of new beginnings.

The weather in our fair town of Cleveland has almost made me delirious with its potential. I have already found myself in the attic taking advantage of the warmer clime as I attempt to recreate myself, anew, by ridding myself of the trappings of the past.

So many books and old "collectible toys" and clothes (that fit a much more svelte me) going to good will, it is crazy. My plan is to convert a gigantic pile of "collection-ish-things" into maybe half a car load by the end of this weekend is on track. Granted some is driven by a need to move on, some by a need to simplify but most just because I feel suffocated by the overwhelming amount of crap I have collected.

I have collected a lot of things.

One thing I wouldn't mind having though is the new Home Joule a nifty little device that plugs into your outlet and monitors not only your home power usage but also tells you when you could save money (because of weather conditions or off peak power usage) and when you are being incredible consumptive. Supposedly the little thing also tracks market trends and weather forecasts as well. No info on how much power IT consumes itself (or if there is I chose to ignore it).

It is even colour coded for you people that don't like to read things. It goes from a wonderfully nice green hue to a DANGER DANGER red color when you are using too much power. I suppose one could say that it is a more holistic-whole household solution then the extremely less sexy Kill-a-watt and it manages to put power consumption into tangible dollar amounts instead just energy units consumed data. That's right, it is all about the Benjamins. That is what people pay attention to, cash money. Not that I blame a single one though. Not that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment