Tuesday, April 10, 2007

First National Architecture Week?

I am not entirely sure what we are really supposed to be celebrating, but I will never turn down an event.

I assume the whole thing was started by the AIA which have created a myriad in rules and regulations about what an architect really is and who can call themselves an architect. Since I am still short of completing my exams I cannot technically wear the mantle of an actual architect, however I have developed software programs so perhaps I can sneak in under the radar that way. Still though, this celebration is for the building type of architects, not the software guys (especially because it annoys me so when I do job searches in cities I love and the only "architect" position that shows up is for the non-architect degree holding sorts).

Anyway, if anyone really cares, you can read about it here.

In the time it has taken me to write I have become completely indifferent. I may however still use it as an excuse to act silly and perhaps imbibe a bit. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment