Friday, August 31, 2007

Come on down, see the Rotunda. Pay no attention to building you have to enter through to get there!

As I walked past the lobby to the Breuer Tower the other day (you may all remember that I might have covered topics on this building before) I noticed quite a lot of activity in the lobby. I thought very little of it.

Then I walked past the Rotunda as I heard word of some beautiful banners for the Celebrate our Heritage Festivus and wanted to check them out.

Let's follow my path and see where it leads us...
- Corner at E9th and Euclid. Note the signs pointing towards the easy ADA entrance and Public Restrooms!








-More signs on the side, by now I may really have had to pee!









-Apparently they plan not to use the Rotunda entrance to actually enter "Our Heritage". That strikes me as a little odd...








-Oh, of course. They are using the Breuer Tower Lobby to enter the Rotunda. I guess this isn't part of our heritage. I suppose to properly celebrate our past we shouldn't be able to use the Lobby to access the Rotunda. We should do it the way our pioneer forefathers (and mothers) did. By, um, yeah. Did no one have to use the restroom in the early 1900's?

At least I will get to see the Breuer Tower before they tear it all down. I am also SURE that they did all they could to abate the horribly invasive and particularly deadly asbestos infestation that I keep hearing about in regards to the Tower before they open it to the public. I mean that was one of the contingencies that necessitated the demolition in the first place.

Right?

Right.



No comments:

Post a Comment