Wednesday, August 08, 2007

TOIstudio (physical) shut down - must find new home

Tuesday's torrential downpour again invaded the TOIstudio space making it apparent that I am meant for someplace else. The owner offered moving me to another unit but the cost increase coupled with access issues and lack of 'storefront' makes operating a workshop/gallery extremely difficult.

I am currently looking for new prospective properties around Cleveland that wouldn't mind an eclectic, outspoken, brash individual who fervently hopes to better the city and keep it interesting (despite desperately wanting to move to Portland) to rent. I prefer live/work as I enjoy being surrounded by the ability to build and create but can be flexible if the proper space presents itself.

Sadness cannot describe the emotion at the loss of the potential gallery. So many people expressed interest and there was so much help and hope from friends that I feel as if I have failed them all. I know that no one but me feels that way, but there it is.

Suggestions as to possible locations or spaces would be appreciated.

TOIstudio will go on. It will persevere. I just hope everyone else can share in the fun and glory too.

1 comment:

  1. So by sheer coincidence i was hunting for some good Cleveland blogs today and decided to check in on yours. Sorry to hear this. Let me know if you need anything.

    Eldie

    ReplyDelete