Thursday, November 29, 2007

Light Up Lakewood

Light Up Lakewood
Friday, November 30th
6pm to 8pm

Downtown Lakewood, an area surprisingly easy location to recognize without some sort of banner/basket network or monumental arch to announce the location, will be hosting the 2007 Light Up Lakewood festival. Light Up Lakewood is a holiday event that focuses on the community centric lifestyle of a walkable town. For me the most exciting occurrence is the Lakewood Shops Main Street(.pdf) which celebrates the window shopping experience of old downtown Cleveland (like in the movies!) by offering a map of local businesses that you can visit to check off said map locations and enter the completed flier in a drawing for local business gift certificates.

Yes, Rozis's has offered $50 gift certificate as part of the grand prize!

The Lakewood Shops Main Street event starts on November 30th and shops will stop marking the maps by December 2nd. If you ever needed an excuse to check out a local business but didn't want to use the awkward "No thanks, just looking." phrase, now is a perfect excuse. The Map covers businesses on Detroit Avenue from Robinwood Avenue to the Library at Arthur Avenue. Not really too far a walk and really a great excuse to get out on the street and see how your city is changing.

I picked up the flier today when I stopped at Dave's Cosmic Subs for dinner. I really wanted to go to the Souper Market but the MarJ was hankering a garden burger. I will admit though that I have had some lascivious dreams lately about the Souper Market's lobster bisque (which I recently had for the first time ever) and am extremely excited about using some of their vegetable stock (they sell organic stocks) to make my own vegetarian french onion which is mostly just onion/butter/veggiestock soup with a lot of Swiss and some delicious fresh breadsmith french bread.

I also just really wanted to plug the Souper Market to guarantee that they will be there every time I am hankering some good soup and salad. You should make sure to stop in and try some of the food. Take a date and pretend you know everyone there. It will impress, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment