Monday, January 28, 2008

Millenium School Competition

Millenium School Competition

Registration Deadline - 2008 Feb.29 (leap year day!)

I know I have started throwing some competitions up here lately as the season is beginning (I don't know why so many always hit in the winter to spring time), usually at great inconvienence to myself and my schedule (dang it) however with all the recent discussion on how difficult it is to get your message/talent/vision out there I find these idea competitions a wonderful way to at least keep the mind nice and agile.

The Millenium School is a "design competition for school buildings in developing countries located in the tropics". Designs have to withstand many natural forces (typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes) as well as be cost effective and have use and site flexibility. Sounds like a fun project for anyone.

You can read more about the mission and timeline on the web site that would probably be more succint and current than I could keep here.

No comments:

Post a Comment