Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I like trains and buses too.

So in betwixt debating if I am wanting to start working for another architecture firm or perhaps begin the arduous journey of self employment I have had multiple discussions with myself, in the form of day dreams turned into naps, or vacantly staring into space or perhaps sitting on the porch with my sketch book sipping diet cokes and watching the neighborhood kids curse each other out. It dawned on me that if I were to take another office job it would have to be someplace I could utilize the public transportation system to get to. Don’t get me wrong, I could have taken it to get to my previous job making the typically half hour drive through the Heights of Cleveland (also known as the land of no brake lights or turn signals, where you can run a red light as long as you honk, and where actually staying in one lane signifies you as weak) a new and exciting 2 hour journey.

With this in mind the new prospect of taking the train to a downtown office, or perhaps even bus around town excites me. The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA) while not as wondrous in nature YET as Portland, Oregon’s, is still pretty dang good and effective at getting you around the city in a cheap, timely and clean manner. Last year they even started allowing bikes on the train during non-rush hour times!

Anyway, this whole tangent was brought upon by this Getting Around Transportation Today poster which I found on Treehugger.com. I find a lot of stuff there. If you people would just go there you could probably save me a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment