Saturday, August 26, 2006

More trains and now movies and cars!

Wow, I don’t really know what happened with that last post but I don’t even think that using proper grammar of any sort passed through my mind. I was in a hurry for an interview for a new job and just dashed that out so I could run out the door. I refuse to fix that post, let it exist as a glaring example of the atrocity that I can and probably will commit again, to the human language. I suppose if anyone would like to send me a copy of Eats, Shoots and Leaves, I would be very happy.

So much has happened. I took a new job so I will not be posting my resume or portfolio for quite some time. There are going to be a lot of changes in the next couple of months and I probably won’t have the time to go back and edit all that noise anyway.

Yesterday my girlfriend and I went on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad’s Peninsula Explorer which traveled through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park from Rockside Road in Independence, Ohio down to Peninsula, Ohio. It was only a 13 mile journey but it was quite beautiful and the little town of Peninsula had tons of interesting older homes and some rather nice little shops to visit. The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad also offers a bunch of holiday themed train rides as well as some rather fun sounding wine-centric train rides, if you imbibe in that sort of thing.

Also, as our “day out about town” sort of excursion for the day progressed we finished up the festivities of the day by seeing The Shining on the big screen at Playhouse Square. Yes, they are showing some great films in that marvelous building. Yesterday we got to see West Side Story as well. Two films I had never had the chance to see before. Apparently my life is rather sheltered. I don’t think I understand all of what I saw in The Shining. The bit with the guy in the rabbit suit will probably leave me guessing for decades. If you happen to have any clarifications please keep them to yourself. I don’t even think I want to know what was supposed to be going on there.

Before I go, let me remind you that the Madison Car Kulture car show will go on today from noon until 8pm on Madison Road in Lakewood, Ohio. Perhaps I will see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment