Sunday, September 24, 2006

Cleveland Cultural Gardens: One World Day - 2006

Oct. 1st 2006 brings Rockefeller Park "One World Day" 2006, a celebration of the many cultural gardens and distinctive cultures that make this city so amazing.

Come on down to University Circle to take part in a celebration that this year is marked even more amazing by the unveiling of a new garden, the India Garden, which will house a 7 foot statue of Mahatma Ghandi and a...

landscape inspired by the Buddhist architecture of an ancient Indian monastery that is recognizable to many South Asians...

I think it sounds cool as heck. I am a huge fan of the Cleveland Cultural Gardens (in dire need of a website update) and have spent much time wandering the gardens there. If I wasn't on my laptop I could probably dig out some really nice photos that I have taken over the years.

Luckily for YOU there are plenty of resources online.

CSU "Crooked River Magazine" Issue 4

Cleveland Memories Project

University Circle Inc.

Even if you can't make One World Day I suggest you take the time to at least get over there and explore the gardens on your own time. Make a day of it, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment