Friday, September 15, 2006

Steve Litt likes me and he doesn't even know it!

On the 9th of this month (the 9th month!) Mr. Steven Litt, architecture critic for THE Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote a pretty nice article about a project I got to work on. The CHUH library, which I had linked to before is now open to the general public. There was a special invite for library employees and other people related to the project but I wasn't invited anymore since I no longer work for the architecture firm that handled it.

All I can say is that I am really happy for Marc and Jim and hope them the best in capitalizing on this good exposure. I admit I was pretty upset since I spent a LOT of time and EFFORT designing that damn walkway and don't even get to taste the fruits of that labor but hopefully it will push design in the city of Cleveland a little bit further down that modernist road and away from that damn "Western Reserve" crap so many people think is proper. Criminy. (As for full disclosure I also partook in a western reserve style building while employed at Studio Techne that turned out pretty nice).

To be honest I was worried that Mr. Litt would actually hate the walkway but now that I find out he liked it, all I can say is "HOORAY!" and "I will do even better next time!". Anyway, I have that article clipped and saved in my portfolio.

Also, the structural engineer I got to work with, Miklos Peller PE, was wonderful and even though I think I am geeky enough to want to learn all I can about something and some people find that annoying, I think Mik really enjoyed talking to a designer who was that interested in how things really work. He even brought me in some books and articles.

I should also be nice and include the Studio Techne Architects link. I am probably still on the employee list.

ps. I will probably swing by tomorrow to check it out. Look forward to some pictures if I am not to lazy to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment