Wednesday, November 29, 2006

At least reuse some of the dang thing! - Cleveland Trust Tower part 538


Well, blogger has be extremely difficult for posting images lately. I use them as a dashboard and they were working well. I am hoping that the problem resolves itself soon, mostly because this is becoming so tedious that I am losing my drive to keep images going up, which I think are very important to messages getting across.

Regardless.


I know lately I have been harping on Mercel Breuer's Cleveland Trust Tower. Enough that someone may infer that I think that the future actions regarding it are important. Well, you are correct. I think the upcoming actions are important. The way that this project is publicly handled can set the tone for future development and planning for the area. Therefore, let us brainstorm on some ways that we can use the demolition of the Cleveland Trust Tower in a manner that would be conducive to the direction that the area would like to move itself.


With this in mind I would like to take a tip from such projects as Single Speed Design's Big Dig House and just create some examples of what can be done with the concrete facade panels from the Tower Trust Building.

I admit that these suggestions base themselves in some rather broad guessing that I will be so kind as to admit to first...

1- Size, I was guessing at 12' by 6' based on photos and sort of staring at it aimlessly for copious amounts of time.


2- That the panels could be cleaned of any hazardous materials including and not limited to asbestos and that when washed they would attain their original-ish color.

So, may I present for my very first wild stab, a bus station made from the facade panels. I also made an animation because I could. I have more coming so pay attention! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment