Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cleveland Trust Tower Part 539 - Street Furniture I

I suppose you could argue that I am attaining a super nerdy addiction to what isn't even considered a design problem to a lot of people.

Oh well, sometimes I find it better to create a solution for a problem that doesn't exist rather then wait until the problem becomes too large to solve.

Here are some quick renderings of taking the concrete facade panel from the Breuer Tower, cleaning them, removing the glass and window frame and them cutting them to create benches and other street furniture. While I am sure that many will argue that more street furniture is the last thing Cleveland needs (at least bring in some people to use it) I will argue that the County is building an administration building, therefore this street furniture can be used anywhere in the county (Cuyahoga) and could be a nice way to tell a little story about our history. I am not adding an animation, made another walkaround one (I do that typically just to see how things resolve themselves) but I can't imagine how anyone would be excited by it.

More coming. Oh, so much more coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment