Monday, November 20, 2006

One man's stand against an army

Yeah, I have mentioned the Breuer tower thing before. Yeah, I have decidedly sat on the fence, not committing to any particular view. Yeah I lamented and cajoled but didn't say much of anything.

Well, nothing is going to change.

I still don't have too much of an opinion. Really. Seriously. I haven't really decided to lean one way or another.

I will mention that I have been talking to Bradley over at DesignRag and have spent some time looking at the Breuer tower and pondering and wondering and scheming.

See, Bradley is all about Cleveland. He likes it. He wants to make it better somehow. Then he gets all up on his soapbox and preaches and praises and persuades. I am putty in his logic.

So I thought I would help out his cause. He is taking it upon himself (and anyone else who would like to join) in striking wildly at the windmill that is complacency. He knows that the County has made up its mind, selected its architects, mastered its masterplan and there is little to nothing the community has done to save this historic piece of Cleveland history, nor is there much that can be done. Really, if the building doesn't fit, then the county must acquit, to put it succinctly.

Either way, the fine folks over at DesignRag are accepting modifications to the Save Breuer Image (my little submission is what you see now) with the hope that they can at least spread some concern and knowledge so that if this cannot be halted at least it might not happen again.

Of course the time that we spent staring up at the tower has led to much discussion about what could, in fact, be done to minimize the loss. Stay tuned for more good time happy images about the destruction of this icon and some simple solutions or alterations that could, in fact, change the face of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment