Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wind powered street lighting

I was going to write a very exciting treatise about integrated firms and the loss arts of craftsmanship and renaissance but instead decided to write about silly wind turbine street lamps.

Why? Because I thought a little humour would be apt with the terrible-ness goings on right about now. So, without further ado, powering your streetlights with wind, or when an electrical engineer watches Disney movies with their kids while loaded.

I think this thing is actually by railroad tracks and gets powered when a passing trains turns the turbine. Seriously, if I saw this on a street I might actually get mad. Basically about the ugliest wind fixture I have seen yet.

No doubt Cleveland ordered 50 for the Euclid Corridor.

No comments:

Post a Comment