Saturday, September 22, 2007

A government list I don't mind being on

Official recognition for Lifecycle competition was released. TOIstudio won an honerable mention which is pretty nice considering I thought my submission was making fun of the competition's purpose. Perhaps that was the whole point.

You can see it here,way down in the honerable mention list or just 'ctrl f' and search for 'dru' it should take you right to it.

I have the submission on this site right here.

Yes, I used the competition to make a statement about the Ameritrust Tower and the multitude of uninteresting submissions and projects that represent our local TOD projects, RTA stations and Euclid Corridor stops. I don't know what else to say except to quote from Stop Building Shit:

"The mission is simple. One must assume a role that is severely devoid in the City, to hold architects, planners, contractors and builders responsible for shoddy work. If you don't like what we are doing here, then stop building bad buildings." and "If you can't stand the attention, then stop being a whore."

SBS needs to update more, heaven knows there is plenty of source material being built RIGHT NOW!

I think that wraps this up nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment