Friday, September 21, 2007

National PARKing day skipped Cleveland

Remaining on the forefront of the environmental/urban reclamation movement, Cleveland decided not to partake in PARK-ing day.

Last year Clevelanders actually got involved and put up 3 sites. It took a while to find them but judging by the response I assumed that they were rather successful. There was even a moment of pure success when a lone driver in an SUV got frustrated that a viable parking spot was being used by PEOPLE having FUN and being OUTSIDE!

Anyway, everyone fell short this year. I guess the national (and to be fair a little bit of international) attention for doing something fun that delivered a pretty reasonable message wasn't enough of a incentive to do it again.

I guess maybe next year then. Mark your calendars now. That way you have time to plan it out.
Also, if someone in Cleveland IS doing this and I just didn't get the message, I apologize and am in your debt. Please send me some photos or a message or something. I do see the import in an event like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment